
- Each day I wake-up excited to see Abigail, but each night I wish she would sleep longer than 4 hours at a time.
- I used to think 3 hours was a long time--especially growing up, I thought church was forever long, but now that I nurse every 3 hours, time FLIES by. I finish nursing and by the time I put her down for a nap, it's time to nurse again.
- We put Abby in our room the first few nights, but after she developed a "grunting goat" noise, I said, NO MORE! She is now in her own room and we can only faintly hear her grunting. Thank goodness!
- People always told me that Mike would become an extreme deep sleeper after Abby was born, but I never really thought he would. I now can say that not only is he a deep sleeper, he's a bed hogger! After 9 months of sleeping with a body pillow, Mike is taking full advantage of the middle of the bed!
- Watching Mike change one of his first dirty diapers was a hoot! I think we went through one whole package of wipes before he was finished. He didn't want to get his hands dirty!! Now he's a professional, making sure she doesn't sneek a pee in while he's putting a new diaper on. One day, he changed her diaper three times in a row and each time she peed before he got the new diaper on!
- You really can't spoil a baby by holding them too much. OR can you? I used to think I would put my babies down as much as possible, but it is soooo hard to put sweet Abigail down. I just want to hold her all day. Of course, I have other things I want to do, too, so I eventually do put her down, but sometimes I put off everything (making dinner, taking a shower) so I can just hold her and cuddle her. No harm done, right?
We are so excited to have sweet Abigail in our home. She is such a blessing to have! Every day I look at her and think, Wow! She is our baby and a part of our little family! We sure do love having her around.

7 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world! I love the pictures of Abigail and I am so glad you and Mike are experiencing ALL the joys of parenting first hand. Isn't it fun/exhausting?! Hold her all you can, but take time for yourself. Can't wait to see that cute baby!
Love it! Hope you are doing well. I love the pics of Abigail! She is beautiful.
I'm so glad you have joined the blogging world. Now I can watch one of my best friends experience first time parenting:) You all are doing great. Hope to see you soon.
i need more pictures:) she is adorable.
Finally, a blog! I am excited to meet sweet Abigail. She is so cute!
Laura, you are so funny. I love your comments about parenting. I can totally relate! Abigail is a little cutie pie.
All the baby stuff is funny! I can relate :) John prides himself on being able to use a minimum amount of wipes, and surprisingly, Zachary NEVER pees before the new diaper comes. Its amazing, maybe he will realize what fun it would be to panic us and will start doing it soon. So far, so good! Hopefully she will be sleeping more for you...Zach was doing two 5 hour shifts at 6 weeks, and now does 6-7 hours! It is wonderful. My trick is to feed him 2 hours before bedtime, then again at bedtime so that he is REALLY full. Good luck with everything! It will be so fun to have them together :)
Post a Comment