

I can't seem to flip the photo around.....sorry!
Abby today sleeping.....arms out....but her legs still swaddled. It keeps her from rolling over during her sleep. When she does that, she wakes up crying because she still hasn't figured out how to roll herself back over. :) BUT she can sleep without being swaddle.....we just do it for extra warmth.
She went through a rough period last week where she would wake up at 3 AM and want to play. If we left her in her crib, she would scream and cry and cry until we would pick her up. So we'd rock her to sleep so she was completely out, but as soon as we laid her down, she'd wake up screaming again. It was very ANNOYING! I called my sister for some advice and she told me to let her cry it out. To make a long ordeal short, when Mike's parents went out of town, I let her cry for 2 HOURS until she finally fell asleep again. It has been so peaceful ever since. And now when she wakes up, she can fall asleep on her own. We RARELY ever have to get her in the middle of the night anymore. I can't believe it took us this long to figure it out! But man are we in heaven or what?
Other Abby updates--she still has no teeth (she is almost 9 months....), which I'm okay with because she is still nursing and once those teeth come in, we may have to call it quits. :) Because she has no teeth, she is still eating baby food...nothing else really. She LOVES the little puff crackers (they melt in her mouth). She finally figured out how to eat them by herself--picking them up one by one. It's soooo cute to watch.
She isn't crawling quite yet....which, again, I am okay with. It's nice to put her down on the floor and not worry about her getting into things she shouldn't be getting into. She kind of scoots around on her bum, but just in a circle. And she will lean over and kind of crouch down, but never attempts to crawl. She face plants all the time, which I think scares her.
Other than that, we are doing great. We love being here and love being with Mike's parents. And Abby is just growing like crazy.....I can't believe she's already 9 months.....WOW!
3 comments:
Time has flown by. She is getting so big. I'm glad you guys are getting more sleep again.
It's amazing all of the things you've learned in one year!! And that was just about sleeping. Kids teach us everything!!! Abby is so lucky to have such great parents!
Way to go on the letting her cry it out thing. I tried to let Caitlin do that but I ended up with a very awake Tommy at 4:30 am. Not good. Good to see that you guys are doing so great. We are on our way up around the 4th of July. We should try to meet up for lunch or something.
Post a Comment