If only we could be this young again and feel that carefree spirit, that endless energy, and curious wonderment in life.....

Splashing around at the pool. We've had 90+ degree weather this week, so we've been at the pool almost daily.

Abby and Sienna love jumping together. They spent an afternoon together doing this.

Taking a break from climbing and sliding down the slide at the park. She loves sunglasses!

Hanging out at a 3-D bug show at the Academy of Science in San Francisco. We spent 3 hours exploring the academy and loved every minute of it. This bug show was pretty cool--even Abby liked it, but got scared after watching a praying mantis attack and eat a fly.

Staring in wonderment at the penguins swimming at the Academy. They were right up close in the glass and Abby just stared at them.

Her favorite position when she's not in her Elmo chair. She loves to just "lounge" here.

Hanging out after the Chocolate Festival. Abby loved running around and jumping off the curb and watching sailboats sail by. Can you tell she loves jumping?

Eating a chocolate cupcake....need I say more?

We bought this costume in hopes of Abby being able to wear it for Halloween, but it didn't fit. She could hardly put the hood on because she's too tall. And the tag said 2-4 years?!?!

Dressing up and playing fireman with her friend Ellie. Is this what she wants to be when she grows up?
As for me.....I am striving to keep up with this little ball of energy. In the meantime, I've been able to take a few "Time Outs" for myself....

My best friend had her baby and I got to go visit her and see the new bundle of joy. My friend, Lindi, and I have been friends since we were babies and now we get to raise our babies together. Her little boy, Max, is a couple of months older than Abby and they already fight like brother and sister! :)

I got to take a whole weekend off and go to Time Out for Women, which was right here in Pleasanton. I went with my good friend, Brooke, and my mother in law, Kathy. It was a great weekend, and something I needed to do.

Hanging out with Abby at the Academy of Science in the aquarium.

My never-ending project....the scrap quilt. This is a picture of the strips ready to be sewn together. Since taking this picture, I've actually sewn the strips together to make one large piece. I am working on the border....and it is by far, not perfect, but it is fun. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done! And I can't wait to move on to another project...quilting is tedious!
I was looking through our movies of Abby and found this cute one....I miss the baby stage....
5 comments:
Aw, Evan is just getting into that babble talking stage where he'll say his consenants and I absolutely LOVE it...even if it's at innapropriate times. Abby was a talker- I love that video! And I love those pictures you have of her- you've totally captured that carefree look! :)
That video of Abby looks just like Shaylee, hair and all!! Even Ace was watching and saying "look at shay, look at shay." We have some clone kids. Tell Melinda congrats!
I don't mind this 90 degree weather outside the city...just dragging out summer a little bit longer. It's fun having you guys live so close!
I can't believe how grown up Abby looks! I still picture her as a little baby. Wow time flies. Miss you guys. Love ya!
Oh my goodness, I just love the picture of Abby with the chocolate mouth! It is also fun to see a picture of us at Time Out. That was really really fun wasn't it? And your quilt Laura...WOW. How fun! You are inspiring me to do something like that!
Post a Comment