Now on to more exciting things. Thanksgiving was crazy. We hosted our first Thanksgiving ever. We had 22 people over at my in-laws home. Unfortunately, my in-laws went to Utah for Thanksgiving, so we had the whole house to ourselves to set-up, plan, and prepare the meal. It was quite a success--with TONS of food. Mike made our 20 lb. turkey, our first ever. I made 6 dozen homemade rolls, 2 pies, and a green bean casserole. Mmmm.....
Our Thanksgiving started off with a 10k in Walnut Creek. I don't know what I was thinking running in a race before cooking a big dinner. But it was a great way to start the day.... The best part was running across the finish line and seeing Abby cheering me on. I'm waving to her in this picture. She's such a cutie!
All set-up for the big feast. I set the table the night before so I wouldn't have to stress over it the day of. At the last minute, we had to add two place settings as we had last minute guests show up.
Everyone eating and eating and eating. I think my favorite part about Thanksgiving is being squished together at the table, knocking elbows, and bumping plates. I love the feeling of togetherness it brings. I love being with family!
This is part of the parade I remember most as a little girl. This group has been around ever since I can remember. They are called the Balloon Platoon. My favorite part about them is the inner-tubes they wear under their outfits to make them look like big marshmallows. When the came marching down in the parade I just had to film them! My family will for sure get a big kick out this video!
Abby and I freezing at the parade. Abby kept showing me her hands and saying "cold". I let her hold my hot chocolate to warm them up, but then she kept saying "hot." Poor thing!
This last video is one of my favorites. It was taken while waiting at a restaurant to eat. A new thing Abby likes to do is spin. She asks me every day to spin her and when Mike gets home from work, she asks him to spin her, too. Sometimes she will spin on her own, but this is usually what happens. She is hilarious!
9 comments:
Abby's video is a crack up. She is hysterical and has as much energy as another little kid I know. :) I also loved the Balloon Platoon! That brought back lots of good memories of growing up. Good luck the next couple of months, we KNOW Mike will do great in February!!
Yummy Thanksgiving! Let us know the next time you host, and we'll try and join you ;-)
Thanksgiving was great! What awesome hosts you were. Not bad for a first time! And I loved the Balloon Platoon! I loved those guys!
I am so impressed with your tree skirts! LOVE them! Mike's got quite the culinary talent, doesn't he? Also, very impressive :) Abby's spinning is impressive too I guess?...more so REALLY CUTE.
We love you, and are thinking about you lots. I love those tree skirts. If only I had motivation to get anything done this holiday. Maybe next year.
Well bummer about your news. Life is hard enough without things like that getting in the way. We'll add our positive thoughts to the pool. But that spinning video is something else. CUTE!
I'm still laughing over that video . . . what a cutie pie!! Your family is for sure in my prayers. We know the stresses that come with the whole Bar exam. I'm so sorry that you guys have to do it all over again. The toughest part is the wait!! Who decided it was a good idea to make everyone suffer for so long? ;) I hope that things will start looking up for you. Some day you will see how this has strengthened you! Just be supportive . . . it's all you can do as you sit back and wait. You're stronger than you think you are!! Promise! Love you guys! Good luck!
I found a fun new blog...yay!!! LOVE, LOVE Abby spinning! Too cute! Laura, you are too talented for words! Nice job on Thanksgiving and all your quilting!
Thoughts and prayers for Mike in the bar retake next month!
As the wife of an attorney, I do get how big a deal that is.
Post a Comment