

We went to a Halloween party last night, which had a dress-code. Last year we missed the dress-code and dressed up as Teletubbies. This year, I planned ahead. I decided we would be Beauty and the Beast (in human form). I found a blue graduation gown at a thrift store and made this jacket for Mike. I was pretty impressed with how it turned out considering I had no pattern, just a picture to look at. He wore his baseball pants and then I made some "boots" that were really just leather cut-outs that covered his church shoes. They look crooked in the pictures, but they worked. Mike was such a good sport and willingly wore it all--including the wig. He even won best costume at the party! What a great husband! I just wore an old prom dress from my Senior year in high school. It still fits! Wahoo! :)
p.s. Read more below about our Pumpkin Patch visit!
7 comments:
Um, hello! Your senior year prom dress still fits?! I think you are about 1% of the population! You guys look amazing! Mike's jacket ROCKS...no wonder he won best costume! He looks so great!
Incredible!! That is very impressive! I love how it turned out, I just wish I could borrow it all for this Friday...
Great Bog updates. I've been waiting for a few of these from you :-) You guys looked awesome in your costumes! SO FUN!
It's kind of sad that you have to explain that Beast is supposed to be in human form, but hey, that's Mike.
the wig!!!! That just made my night.
love it!! can't believe you made his costume-- amazing!
What a trooper that SCHMIKEY is....love it!!! JP wore the adult beast costume one year. Don't think I could get him in the one you made mike. You did such a great job!!!
Post a Comment