Sunday, October 30, 2011

Announcing Emma Jane Hall


Emma Jane Hall came into the world last week and we couldn't be happier. She is such a joy to have in our home--I LOVE having a new baby. They bring such a sweet spirit and reverence to the home--and the fact that we haven't had a baby in our home for 4 years makes it all the more sweeter.

We really struggled this time with picking a name. We got asked all the time before she was born, but we weren't that excited about any of the names we had picked. Even after she was born, we couldn't pick a name--nothing really stuck when we tried them out. I finally asked my parents and Mike's parents for a few family names. My mom told me my dad's grandma's name was Emma and my grandpa's grandma's name was Emma Jane. After she told me that, I knew that was it, but I had to convince Mike. :) But once I asked him, he said that name felt right. We both felt that was her name and so it was decided, finally. :) We later found out that Emma is also the name of Mike's Grandma's grandma--so it comes from both sides of the family.

Here are a few pictures of her in action.....





7 comments:

Mama Bell said...

Congratulations! Beautiful new baby girl and I love the name. I have a friend with a grown-up daughter named Emma Jane, and they call her both names, not just Emma. Very sweet!

Jaclyn said...

So cute! Congratulations!! (and Abby is looking so grown up too!)

Ali said...

Laura!! She's beautiful. Congratulations X 100:) Love you guys!!

Robin said...

So thrilled for you! Can't wait to see her!

Bee Happy Stamper said...

Congrats! I love to have a new born in the house too! We've loved having our little Max around. Abby does look really grown up.
Hope you're feeling great. We miss P4 a lot!

Wendy said...

Congratulations Hall family! We sure miss you guys!

Hester said...

congratulations Laura. New babies are the best! She is beautiful.