Thursday, August 4, 2011

Glenn's Wedding

My younger brother got married to the sweetest girl, Aviann, on April 30 in the Manhattan Temple in New York. My whole family got to attend--with no kids--which meant for a fun-filled weekend. It was one of my favorite weddings! These pictures are ALL out of order, but I wanted to at least document it.

The wedding party at Central Park. Aviann comes from a family of 7 kids--all girls. She is the oldest of the 7. It was fun to get to know her parents and all the kids--the youngest is 6 or 7 and just a doll. They all were such sweet girls and so fun.

The wedding luncheon at an incredibly tasty Italian restaurant.
The only extended family that came from our family was my dad's cousin, Barbara and her husband Guy. They live in New York and I haven't seen them in years. It was great to catch up with them. Somehow Mike managed to sneak away with a few of the other brother-in-laws to catch a Yankees game after the luncheon.

After walking all over Central Park after the ceremony at the temple, we were pooped. My parents caught a very expensive ride on tricycle back to the hotel.





The family all arrived a day early to enjoy the city. We spent a lot of time talking, hanging out in Times Square, eating, and shopping. My sister, Liz, is all about the food when it comes to vacation, so we followed her around and ate lots and lots of good food--maybe not the best for us, but still delicious! We toured all around the city on Friday. We stopped at a gourmet doughnut place and ate peanut butter and jelly, creme brulee, and blackout doughnuts. It was like eating cake for breakfast. We took the ferry to Staten Island, walked around Ground Zero which is still under construction, explored Central Park, and hung out a lot at Times Square. That place is a great place for people watching!


Catching the boat to Staten Island. We all caught the boat to cross the river to Staten Island. We got to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island from a distance.


Glenn and Aviann went around the city on Friday and took pictures. They ended up the day in Times Square where we were waiting for them. They had paparrazzi following them thinking they were famous or something. Pretty funny. Their pictures turned out awesome!

We ate at the Shake Shack probably 5 times the whole weekend. This was our first stop. They have yummy hamburgers and to-die-for shakes. I actually craved this food despite my nausea.

Waiting for dinner with the "in-laws." It was in the basement of this Italian restaurant and was served buffet style. Soooo gooooood!

Riding the subway...
Walking around the city...


After eating our delicious doughnuts.

It was such a fun trip filled with lots of memories. I think the best part was spending time with my siblings and parents without being interrupted by kids. I missed Abby like crazy, but it was a well-needed break. And I got to just relax and enjoy being pregnant. :)



4 comments:

Mama Bell said...

Looks like you had a fun filled trip with your family! We are so happy for Glenn. Great post!

Ali said...

I've loved playing catch up on your blog...you've gotten to do tons of fun stuff as of late! ...and I'm jealous of your skills at teaching Abby to be a strong swimmer. I need some tips to get Evan comfy in the water!!

David said...

I AM NOT a fan of that pic they took in Central Park, with all the girls around Glenn and me in the back... Other then that, a good wedding!

Mom said...

Thanks for posting all your great pictures. It makes it all a terrific memory!