Tuesday, March 4, 2008

5 Months--Disneyland and a Real Roll-Over

I guess you can consider us busy since we haven't posted in a week or so. I think one post a week is good for me--otherwise I would be posting all the time and about things that aren't so interesting. We've just been hanging out, enjoying the 80 degree weather and the beautiful sunshine. I am sorry to our family and friends who are suffering in the cold. Come and visit--it's beautiful here!

Abby is a little over 5 months now and is getting bigger every day. Last week we took her to Disneyland for the first time. It was actually California Adventure, but it was just as fun. We met Mike's sister there with her 2 kids and went on a few rides. Abby did extremely well and even got to go on one ride: Monsters Inc. It felt great to be back at the Happiest Place on Earth--we hadn't been back since last year, when I was round and pregnant. We loved it so much, we even bought annual passes while we were there! And we went back last night to Disneyland. Unfortunately, a lot of the rides Abby can go on were closed, like Buzz Lightyear and Pirate's. But we took her on the Winnie the Pooh ride and the Haunted Mansion. She loved the Pooh ride, and cried in the Haunted Mansion at the beginning when you're in the elevator and everyone screams. She didn't care so much for the screaming! She fell asleep on the way home; I guess we wore her out.

So today while I was busy sewing a baby blanket for a friend, I put Abby on the floor to play with some of her toys. I turned around to look at her and she had somehow rolled all the way over to her stomach! I was so surprised to see her like that. I have been waiting for this for a few weeks now, trying to encourage her to hold herself up and roll over by herself. And today she did it! I quickly got the camera and waited for her to do it again, and she did! Now she does it all the time! And she will cry when she is up too long on her stomach--she forgets that she can roll over by herself now. It's pretty fun to watch our little girl get stronger and stronger each day. I can't believe how fast the time flies! We just love her to pieces! Here are some fun pictures from the last week or so. I couldn't pick, so I decided to post lots. Beware!

Abby just loves her toes. As soon as we take her clothes off, her feet are up and her hands are pulling on them. It's so cute to watch! If you look closely, you'll see her hair spiked into a mohawk. This is Mike's new favorite hair-style. He loves to spike her hair! We always make sure to put her in pink when her hair is like this. :)

Abby is getting real good at sitting up by herself when she's in the mood. This picture was taken just seconds before she fell over. I love this outfit--it's so cute with the strawberries!
I can't believe how fast Abby is growing. It feels like she went from a newborn to this big baby in the blink of an eye. She's growing so fast, I've missed putting her in some outfits because she can't fit in them! This outfit is one of them--given to her by her Aunt Robin--it's 6 months, but when I went to put in on her, she barely squeezed into the pants and shirt. I was so bummed because it's such a CUTE outfit. She wore this for maybe 5 minutes; she was crying like she was uncomfortable, so I took it off. She was much better afterwards.

Abby's Aunt Missy gave us her exersaucer to borrow. I was excited to try it out, thinking Abby would really like it. Wrong! She really doesn't like it--screams and cries every time I put her in it. If I sit with her and play with her, she likes it. But as soon as I leave her and walk away, the screaming begins. This picture was taken while I sat next to her. Hence, the smile.

I had to include this picture--check out her massive drool wad. This girl can really drool--sometimes I feel like it's a never-ending waterfall! I hate putting her on her stomach because this is what eventually happens. :)

The happy group at California Adventureland--Monsters Inc. Abby loved the Baby Bjorn, but only because she sucked on it the whole time. It was soaked by the end of the day.


Abby's cute half-smile--I love her little scrunched up nose. I love her little hair clip, too. Compliments of Aunt Wendy. Girls are just too much fun to dress up!

Abby in her cute Sunday flower dress from Grandma Hall. She prefers standing much more than sitting. I'm afraid she'll skip crawling and go straight to walking. We are in no hurry for either!

Abby after she rolled over for the first time. I think she was surprised when it actually happened. She is such a happy baby...all smiles!

11 comments:

Glenn said...

She must have learned how to spit loogies from her dad! That's sweet! And I'm excited you guys got annual passes. If I come down, that will be one of my first purchases!

maegan said...

She's a cutie! We really really want to meet her! Jack will probably try to eat her though so be warned, but I'm sure she can totally hold her own anyway :)...Let us know when you are coming up our way again so we can get over to Pleasanton to see you. Miss you guys!

Mom said...

All of those pictures are so-o-o cute! I can't believe how much she is changing. In that last picture of her when she rolled over she looks triumphant!!

cara said...

She is so cute, especially with the faux-hawk! I used to put a bib on Sienna when she was in the Bjorn because she would just chew on it (and I got it on craigslist, FYI). She is growing up so fast!

Lindi said...

She will be ready to crawl in no time. She looks so happy in the exersaucer. Maybe she will like it later.

Elizabeth said...

She is so cute! You guys look like you are having a lot of fun in that nice warm weather. I can't believe how fast she is growing, slow down, we need to see her again!

Robin said...

So cute! I wish I could have gone to Disneyland with you! I love that place! I can't believe how big Abby is getting!

Chantalle said...

So fun! Zach has the same exersaucer ($5 at DI of course!) We put him in it when he was 3 months, and he started liking it around a month later. He loves it now. Love all the rolls!

JulieB said...

OH by gosh she looks so much like you, I can't believe it. She's all Germany!! I like the toe eating pix the best!

Amy said...

When did she get so big??? I can't believe how fast it is going. Can't wait to see you guys next week. Do you need a babysitter? call me

Anonymous said...

Awww... you take some super cute pics of her! She is looking adorable! I LOVE the one in her outfit with the belt. She has better fashion than I!