
I have been reading a lot lately and wanted to share with you a new favorite. It is called In My Hands: Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer by Irene Gut Opdyke with Jennifer Armstrong. It is based on a true story about a girl in Poland living during WWII who finds herself wrapped up in a battle between two evils: Germany and Russia. As she tries to survive the war, she attempts the impossible: helping Jews escape the hands of the Germans. This book had me on the edge of the couch the entire time; I could hardly put it down. Her experiences are amazing and truly miraculous. Her survival and her hand in helping the Jewish community are truly works of God. I was amazed at her story! If you are a big fan of WWII stories, especially those dealing with the Holocaust, this is a great read!
2 comments:
Thanks for the idea! I'm always looking for something to read. I read Corrie Ten Boom's account of hiding Jews twice- I love hearing WWII stories, especially after going to lots of the main sites in Europe. Keep posting more ideas! :)
I can't wait to read this one! Especially since it is in Poland. :)
Post a Comment