Monday, April 21, 2008

Daily Routine

Every morning, Abby and I go through a pretty consistent routine. After I feed her, I lay her down under her play-matte where she plays for about 15-20 minutes. When she gets tired of that, I put her sitting up next to what I like to call her "basket of fun" which has lots of toys and other odds and ends. She LOVES her "basket of fun" and could spend a whole half hour just playing in it. She takes all the toys out and then picks which ones she wants to play with. It's usually a bag of wipes--she loves the noises it makes. After this play activity, I usually put her in her exersaucer, which she loves now. Her favorite part is the mirror. She always looks at herself in it, and squeals in delight at having found a friend. One day she talked to herself for half an hour, just looking in the mirror. It was too cute! When I go through all of these options, it's usually time to hold her or put her down for a nap. I've tried to capture these play activities in pictures or videos, but they don't capture the true delight of Abby's excitement. I couldn't have asked for a happier baby! I love this picture of Abby. She looks like she's being all sassy with her mouth, but she's really trying to keep all the saliva from spilling out. :) This is her "basket of fun." I've had to take a few things out--like the thermometer, hand sanitizer, etc. Her favorite toy--a plastic bag with wipes in it. Why do we ever buy real toys when we can make them? We went to Disneyland a couple of times last week, and while we were waiting for Mike to meet us, we took a picture by my parents' brick. Abby had a hard time looking up at the sun, but it turned out pretty cute. And she's right next to the "Germany Family" brick.

This is Abby staring at herself in the mirror while playing in her exersaucer.



Finally, this video is Mike's new game to play with Abby. For some reason, she finds a pillow fight pretty hilarious! Even when she gets the most hits!

8 comments:

Robin said...

I love the pillow fight! She's got some good eye, hand coordination! She is just so happy! I love it!

Amy said...

I love that girl. Can't wait to see her and play with her.

Aaron and Lindsay said...

love the videos. We missed you guys last night.

David said...

That's so funny!!! She gets way close to Mirror and just stares at herself! Too Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Abby! I love her little hair things and she dresses better than I do! She isn't even 1 yet and Mike is throwing stuff at her! Funny!
Hey, tell Elizabeth that I bought some stuff off of MilkChic and gave it to my girfriend at her baby shower. It was a big hit and I passed her website on to a few people. I LOVED the boobie hider!

maegan said...

Yep, who needs toys. Jack's favorite is also the plastic bag of wipes (can't wait to get them together, Jack and Abby that is). Love the pillow fight! She's so cute.

Tara said...

Love the videos! I saw you out walking Abby in the stroller on Saturday. She is growing up before our eyes.

JulieB said...

How lucky to have such a happy baby! My fingers are crossed Olivia will be as good as that as she gets bigger!