Wednesday, May 7, 2008

26 Reasons I Love Mike

Today is Mike's 26th birthday....I really can't believe we are getting close to being 30. It boggles my brain. I never thought I'd reach that age; it always seemed so far away. But now I feel it taunting us....

Anyway, to celebrate Mike's special day, do you want to know what he did? He took a final this morning and then spent the rest of the afternoon studying for his final tomorrow. He has been studying all week, which has made it hard to celebrate, but we did manage to go out to eat (courtesy of the book buy-backs at school. I kind of feel like he's been jipped, but he said he doesn't like all the attention anyway. Needless to say, just to help him feel even extra special, I decided to list 26 reasons why I love him. These are in no particular order...just what came to mind as I thought about them.

1. He LOVES to bake cookies, which makes me not have to make them all the time. :)
2. He likes to try new things like disc golf--and then gets me to try them, too.
3. He likes to be active--when we've been sitting around all day, he always says, "I need to get out...let's go do something!"
4. He always tries to do what's right.
5. He's ambitious--those who go to law school and want to be a lawyer kind of have to be!
6. He's a dreamer--one day he wants to own his own private Honda Jet. I guess we will be billionaires! haha
7. He can always make me laugh, even when I want to be mad. Sometimes I just want to be mad, but he can always get a giggle or smile out of me--unless I am really ticked off, then I get even more mad. :)
8. He doesn't try to change me. He likes me for me and all my out-of-the-ordinary habits--like my "stress-relief" trips to Jo-Anns.
9. He let's me spend whatever I want whenever I want (probably because he doesn't manage our finances--I do, but he still trusts me).
10. He LOVES baseball!
11. He is so cute with our daughter.
12. And he always knows when I need a break with her and is willing to give me one.
13. Whenever he has something important or interesting to tell me, he ALWAYS starts off with, "Guess what?" and then gets real excited. If it's something I don't want to hear, he says, "So....guess what?" and then kind of trails off.
14. He is extremely supportive with my ideas, interests, and dreams.
15. His approach to life is so simple. Today he told me (after I told him how old we're getting and how sad that is), "We're all going to get old and die sometime, so it's okay. It's not the end of the world."
16. He always puts things in perspective.
17. He loves to sing along with the radio, but he hates to sing at church. Something about singing in public.....
18. He makes me want to be a better person. When it was General Conference weekend, our internet went down so the only way to see it was to go to church. I kind of dragged my feet about it all, but the night before, he said, "Let's go. It will be good for us." I got up and got ready, then I got Abby ready. I was glad we were going. And I wasn't too upset when Mike woke up with a fever and cold and told me to go on without him. :)
19. He loves my family.
20. He loves to tease. I think that was one of the main things I was attracted to.
21. He puts up with me telling him how to drive, even though he HATES it.
22. He likes to be in shape and works out three times a week. It's good motivation for me to try, too.
23. He works hard at school, but he ALWAYS makes time for family. He may not be at the top of his class, but he is definitely getting high rankings for his family time--and that is what counts!
24. He makes me feel like a princess....
25. He let's me wear the pants in our relationship. He would say he let's me THINK I wear them, but I really do. :)
26. He is the best husband! He is truly my best friend. I could not have picked anyone better for me...

Happy Birthday Mike! Here's to another 26 years and counting! I LOVE YOU!



Mike and Abby opening presents together. She was extremely interested in what was going on. And all she wanted to play with was the wrapping paper!

9 comments:

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday, Mike! See you soon, and good luck with the rest of your finals!

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Old Man! Good luck on your finals...and good luck with the move...maybe we will see you this Summer!

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday!!! Did you ever get the thing from Costco?? You never called. I'm sorry. We need to get together before you leave!!

Cara said...

Happy Birthday, Mike! You're really not that close to 30, so I wouldn't worry about it right now. Enjoy being young! Can't wait to see you guys!

Glenn said...

Laura, you forgot his morning routine while he stretches... I guess I know that one better than you though. :) So excited for Newport!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Smikey!!!! Glad you are getting up there in age. I would hate to be the only one who is old. It was good to see you guys. Your baby girl is too cute!!! You are a great dad and husband!! We love ya!!!! See ya in Newport.

Robin said...

We couldn't have picked a better husband for our sister! You are the best Mike and hope you had a great birthday! See you soon!

JulieB said...

Happy Birthday to both of us Mike! Glad you three are so happy. :)

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday! Wish we could have been there to celebrate!