I really am not good at being consistent with my flashbacks, but I am trying. Here is another "Flashback Friday." Abby and I flew back to Pleasanton this week and Mike is driving back today with all of our picture files in the car, so I had to find pictures elsewhere. We recently found out that Mike's twin brother and wife and little girl are moving to Arizona in the next month or so--and we are so sad about that, but excited for them--so I thought I'd find pictures of Mike and Ben growing up together. These are classic!
While growing up, in order to tell the twins apart, we referred to them as Big Ben and Mean Mike because Ben was taller than Mike, and Mike was meaner (he wasn't really mean, just quiet and didn't talk much to girls). Later in high school, my friends and I called them George and Lennie from Of Mice and Men. For those who don't remember the story, George takes care of Lennie, who is a little slow to catch on to things. Mike was Lennie. :) Check out their freckles and red hair!
This is another classic picture of Mike and Ben dressed up as girls! This was at their Grandma's house in Salt Lake City and don't they look mighty fine? Can you tell who is who?
Last, but certainly not least, Mike and his chubbiness. I think Mike was 4 years old in this picture and he is just too cute! I love that his shirt is too short so his belly sticks out a little bit.
When Mike finally rolls into town and we get settled, I will post more pictures. Abby and I have just been hanging out at home avoiding the 100+ degree weather. It's too hot to be outside! Have a great weekend!
10 comments:
Boy, if I had a nickel for every time Mike and Ben dressed up like girls...
I love chunky Mike at the bottom. In the picture of Mike and Ben as girls, Ben totally looks like Ryan! I love the first pic of the red headed freckle twins. So cute.
Wow!! what great pictures. Classic! I'm glad someone captured the dress up on film.
Of course, Mike is the one that loves all the lace!!! How cute are these pictures. Made my day! Mom
Oh my goodness that is so funny, I love the picture of them dressed up as girls. Mike probably didn't earn his "mean" title, but he was definatly sarcastic back then! I think we just didn't know how to take it! :)
Those are too fun! I love them all!
That was the best laugh ALL day!
These pictures just confirm what I already knew about Mike.
/\
/ \
( )
\ /
\/
Too cute. I love the one of Mike when he was little and the little belly.
I am so sad that you guys moved up to Pleasanton for the summer. Will you be back in the fall?
Post a Comment