Friday, May 30, 2008

Flashback Friday

I found these old pictures the other day and just had to post them. They are from my study abroad in London which was a long time ago! I think it's been 5 years this Spring...crazy how fast time as flown. London really was an soul-searching experience for me; had I not gone, I don't know where I would be spiritually, emotionally, or mentally. I truly believe London is where I found out who I was and who I wanted to become. I discovered I could be my complete self, my true self, without worrying about what others thought. I have such a soft spot in my heart for London and can't wait to go back with my husband to create more memories there, but this time with someone I love!

I loved these telephone booths....they were ALL over the city. I couldn't get over how cute they were! :)

Here I am at Kew Garderns. It was so pretty in general all around London, but the gardens really are breath-taking. Check out my outfit!

I believe this is at the Chatsworth Castle--which is really a very large home. I think the new Pride and Prejudice was filmed here, but I'm not sure. Some girls in my group and I were pretending to be human fountains. The grounds at this home were amazing--they even had a maze!

My favorite sunset picture of all time--taken at my favorite little coastal town, Whitby. If you travel up north from London you will eventually hit
York, and outside of York is this small village called Whitby. We stayed here for 3 days and I fell in love with everything about it. If I could go back here, I definitely would!

Last, but certainly not least, Stonehenge. I think this was my favorite "historical" sight of my whole trip. We got to walk amongst the rocks during sunset, which was such a neat experience. Usually tourists only get to walk around the rocks, far away from them, but we got special access to walk through them, under them, and even TOUCH them. Recent discoveries tell us that Stonehenge was used as a burial sight and I definitely believe that. When I was there, it really felt like a sacred and special place--a holy place. I loved being there and feeling such peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so rad that you got to study abroad in London! Rock on! I was telling my Uncle that I wanted to go to Greece and Italy.... he told me to be sure that I didn't miss London. He said it is his absolute favorite!
PS: I heard that people vandalized Stonehenge. Sad.