It has been FOREVER since I last posted....we lost our internet when our neighbor moved and took his free wi-fi away. Sad day. But it has been okay. I don't spend NEAR as much time doinking around on the internet, but more time scrapbooking and paying attention to Abby. haha. It is hard at times, but we are surviving without it.
We were in Utah a week or so ago for Time Out for Women and I never took advantage of the internet there to post on the blog. We had a great trip and wished we could have stayed longer. Mike and I were excited to be there and not be in the freezing weather. It was actually perfect the whole time. Abby did great on the flights, and even slept on the way home. Time Out for Women was amazing--nothing like a little spiritual uplifting! Jenny Oaks Baker performed (she is a violinist) and did amazing! I think she was my favorite part of the whole conference! And of course Sharon Larson. She was the counselor in the YW General Presidency when I was in high school. She actually interviewed me for a YW Broadcast way back then, so I have a special place in my heart for her. It was a great trip and hard to leave, but Abby was excited to be back with her toys and familiar surroundings.
Abby is almost walking! She has taken a couple of steps and sometimes will pull herself up to a standing position just from sitting (with nothing to hold onto!). I am nervous about her walking, but excited too. She is getting much too big to carry all the time. But I guess that means I will be chasing her instead. Is a leash too harsh? haha just kidding. She is doing cute things all the time. I feel like she understands a lot of what we say to her. She knows all of her stuffed animals--giraffe, Elmo, doll, and monkey. When we ask her to go get them, she crawls over and picks them up. We then tell her to "Give him kisses" and she just attacks! It is hilarious! She hugs them and puts her face on them and then rolls on the floor with them in her arms. It is pretty cute. I'm trying to get a video of it, so I'll post it when I do.
In the morning, when I get Abby out of her crib, she always grabs her blankie and pacifier with her. I then tell her to throw them in the crib because we don't take those out. She always looks at me with a mischievious grin as if to say, "Yeah right, Mom. I'm not that stupid." But then she tosses them in and gives me a high five. What a doll! We are loving every minute of her and can't believe how much she has grown. I can't believe a year ago I was in labor, then holding her in my arms. It is CRAZY how fast the time just flies by. But we are so happy to have her in our lives. And can't remember or imagine what we did without her. Happy Birthday Abby! We love you!
Here are some pix to enjoy!
Abby and her Grandad. She loved sitting outside with him!
The girls! Before our long day and flight home.
Abby loves to open her mouth when she is surprised or excited!
Family pictures at the beach. I love this one!
Abby has a goofy grin sometimes....here she is with it. Too cute!
I had to show off our new bedding.....all made by ME! What a challenge it was, but it turned out so cute. And CHEAPER than what I would have bought in the store. (I like expensive stuff)
Time-Out for Women....me, my sister Amy, and my mom.
I thought all babies ate this way, but my mom informed me it wasn't so. Abby ALWAYS sticks out her tongue when food is about to enter. It never fails.
Abby walking with a walker. She loved this at Grandma and Grandad's.
And bath time! She loves it! When we want her to be calm, we put her in and she just laughs and plays. So cute!
7 comments:
Laura! I found your blog through Kim's-I'm such a stalker! You have the most adorable family! Your little Abby is so cute! And you are a saint to be without internet--that would be like cutting off my arm, I'm so addicted. Well, it was great, "seeing" you again. :)Hope things are going awesome!
Wow! Abby is a year, I can't believe it! Have fun with the walking...it never slows down from here! Hope Mike is doing well in school, we'll, have to get together soon :-) Take Care!
She is so cute. Glad you guys are doing good. We miss you lots. Tell Abby Happy Birthday for us!
She is adorable! I thought she looked like a Germany at first but now I think she definitely looks like Mike. She is so stinking cute. I hope my girl is half as cute as she is. We can't wait to meet her some day.
Abby is growing up so fast! She is so cute! And, I think you should totally let her go at her birthday cake. Let her live it up; she only turns one once and probably won't ever have the chance again to be covered in birthday cake :)
WOW! A year already! I guess I had to date wrong, sorry! Abby is growing too fast and she is so adorable! I love her smile and her facial expressions! She is way too cute!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY!!! I can't believe you are !. She is way too cute and such a Germany (well a mini Curtis to be exact) :)
Post a Comment