It was my mother-in-law's 60th birthday at the beginning of October, so all the girls flew up to San Francisco to surprise her for the weekend. And what a surprise it was! We had a blast staying in the city, going out to eat, shopping, and of course, getting massages. Kathy was really surprised, which made it even more exciting. My sister-in-law made us "Boot Camp Bash" shirts to wear while we were getting our spa treatments. And everyone loved them! It was my first time being away from Abby over-night. I was sad to leave her at first and I missed her like crazy, but it was fun to get away. And she only had one accident with Dad--getting her finger stuck in a mouse trap! But other than that, she did great! Thanks Kathy (and Dan) for letting us be a part of your 60th birthday!
We took a couple of trips to Disneyland this month with some friends. Abby got to meet her first characters and she did AWESOME! She first met Winnie the Pooh and just wanted to touch him and cuddle with him. It was pretty cute. On a different trip, we got to meet Mickey Mouse at his house in Toon Town. She loved him and wanted to play with his nose and touch it. I hope this love of characters keeps up!
A few weeks ago we took Abby to the pumpkin patch out which also had a petting zoo. We thought we'd try the petting zoo just to see how Abby reacted. She absolutely LOVED all the animals and wasn't afraid of any of them! She wanted to crawl in the pen, but I wasn't a big fan of that, so I held her hands and walked her around while she reached out and touched all the animals. I couldn't believe how well she did. She made animal noises the whole time and got excited each time she touched them. It was cute to watch! I can't believe how much she has grown up! We didn't buy any pumpkins (way too expensive), but we did walk around and take lots of pictures.
This last week I took a trip to Michigan to visit my sister and her two kids. Her husband was out of town at a conference, so it was just us girls and 3 little kids running around. We had such a blast, I didn't want to leave! The first day we were there we went apple picking. My sister talks about this every year, so I really wanted to experience it. We drove out to an apple farm and rode a tractor out to the orchards. It was beautiful! The tractor just dropped us off and we took off into the trees to find the best apples. We had so much fun eating, picking, and eating some more. The apples were delicious! Even Abby liked them!
The next day we were adventurous and took a 3 hour drive out to Kirtland, Ohio to visit some Church History sights. The kids did awesome on the car drive, but I was anxious and kept asking, "How much longer?" We visited the Kirtland Temple, which is owned and operated by the Church of Christ. It was beautiful inside--I couldn't believe how well they have kept it up. We then drove down the street to visit the Newel K. Whitney store and his home where Joseph and Emma Smith first stayed when they came to Kirtland. I really enjoyed visiting the store and seeing what things they might have sold there. The best part was going upstairs to the room where they held the School of Prophets. What a special and sacred room! I am so thankful for the sacrifices made by Joseph Smith and many others who fought to defend their beliefs and standards, and who helped bring the true church to the earth again. And I am grateful to have places like this to visit where my testimony of the Restoration can grow stronger.
After a long trip back to Michigan, we got up the next morning, dropped the kids off at a baby-sitter and went out to breakfast with friends. It was game day in Ann Arbor, so my sister showed me the madness of it all. Nobody celebrates football games like Michigan! I couldn't believe how many people were up and going so early, or how many people set-up tail-gates and had pre-game parties (6 hours in advance!)!! It really was a sight to see! Breakfast was fun, especially without the kids, and driving around campus and seeing downtown was equally exciting. The rest of the day we relaxed, worked on some sewing projects, took a couple of trips to Jo-Ann's, and then visited Blimpy's, a complete "dive-in" of a restaurant. My sister blogged about their first trip here where you can get a full explanation of what kind of place it is. I knew I had to experience it while visiting her. We had to get our food to go because the kids were going crazy in such a small space. But it was greasy and delicious! I couldn't eat there every day, but it was tasty! After a long week, Abby and I left and went straight to Utah to visit my brother while my parents are on a trip to Hawaii. We are tired, but are enjoying 70 degree weather here in Logan! We miss Mike and hope he isn't too bored without us! Enjoy the pictures! They are out of order, but I was too lazy to put them in the right order. This post has taken too much time as it is!
10 comments:
Hey there Mike! I wish I knew you guys were heading to Kirtland... we only live a couple hours away in Columbus now while I'm attending Optometry school here. We would have made the trip to see you guys, maybe next time huh.
Garrett Howell
Abby really seems a lot older all of the sudden. She is SOOO cute. Looks like you have had some fun travels! Glad to see the update.
Wow, you have been busy! Looks like fun, i wish they had an spple orchard around here! When you catch your breath we will have to get together soon!
WOW! you guys have been very busy. I'm exausted just reading about it!
Oh man, it was so fun to have you guys here!! The kids ask for Abby everyday. Ashlyn won't sit in the highchair because it is Abby's. I loved your visit, it is always fun to get together and do so much. I'm glad you had fun too! Come again...please!
trips, trips, trips. You visit to Ann Arbor brought back a lot of memories of the good old days in High school when we lived there... especially Blimpy! I still have a little place in my heart for those wolverines even though i'm not a huge football fan.
You have been busy! What a fun time! And Abby is growing so fast! Your family is so adorable. Miss you!
Oh, to be young again and be able to do all those activities in just a couple of weeks!! I'm glad you had fun... and I'm especially glad that you were able to come here and visit David. He LOVED it!! Thanks for all the fun pictures!
Ok, as if you aren't busy enough with no internet, I am now tagging you! I know you will have tons to post next time you get a chance to use the internet, but if you feel like a tag as well, check my blog for the details...
Sorry we missed you when you were gone, but it looks like you were having plenty of fun!
I love Abby's face in the picture of her by the pig. That's SO cute!
Post a Comment