Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm Famous!

Well, I'm not really that famous, but I always tell Mike one day I want to be "rich and famous." So I am getting closer to the famous part. Yesterday I went to see the Ellen Degeneres show in Burbank with my 2 sister-in-laws and a cousin-in-law. I went about a month ago with my mom, but we only got into the "Riff-Raff" room. So they gave us tickets for another show. Since my mom couldn't come, I brought some family members. We got there a little late for check-in, so our seats were all scattered. I have to admit it wasn't as fun sitting by complete strangers, but I did get to dance with Ellen as she walked down the aisle next to me. And I got to "high-five" her! The show will be aired a week from today---November 18th. So if you want to check it out, be sure to watch it. And if you do, you'll get to see what we won. I called Mike to tell him what we got, and he said, "That's it? Nothing else?" But he didn't understand the significance of it all. I'm sure I'll be posting again about what we won....because I'll be going to the show again. Hint Hint!

I was nervous about attending her show because of all the Prop 8 stuff that is still going on around here. But she didn't even mention politics, which was such a nice break. And I decided that I like her show because it's funny and brings new light to every day experiences.

Anyway, I can't post pictures from this computer, so I'll have to post some Halloween pictures later. Abby was a bunny and an adorable one at that! I loved seeing her in her costume. And she really LOVED walking to people's doors, holding her trick-or-treat bag and getting candy. She ate right through the wrapper of a starburst pack and sucked all the juice out. And then screamed when I took it away from her. Sad day! I'll post again soon! And remember to watch the show to see what we won!

12 comments:

Alyssa said...

How fun! It was cool to see myself on TV when I went to the show...but I didn't get a high five. If I ahd Tv I would watch you :-)

Amy said...

No Fair- I am supposed to get my 15 minutes of fame first (preferably as a guest role on ER as a dying patient, or CSI as a CSI of course, or the first Mormon couple who wins the Amazing Race). When can you get me tickets? Is she filming in Jan?? I will be there!!! Who were the guests? OMG, you are so cool, can I have your autograph?? I will definitely be watching and screaming!!!

Lyric said...

Sounds fun ... I'm glad you got to go back and actually SEE the show instead of being a Riff Raff-er! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Oh I can't wait to see what you won!! I'm putting it on the calendar to watch that day. I'm so jealous!!!!! Now if only I could get tickets to Oprah out here. But, I have to admit her show is not as great as Ellen's.

Elizabeth said...

Did Amy really write OMG? She really cracks me up.

Mark and Kirsten said...

We had fun! I am so EXCITED to go back! :)

Cara said...

How fun! I really want to go see her show sometime. She is so funny and always has a good time. Did you win tickets to the show in Vegas?? I will for sure be watching for you.

Ali said...

oh, I can't wait to see you on TV!! If I wasn't already recording her show daily, I'd start now! :) I will make sure not to miss it- you lucky gal. I'm glad she didn't mention any prop 8 drama! Her show always seems like such a party, and now you actually lived it!

Anonymous said...

Ellen went trick or treating with you? WOW?!?

kim&ryan said...

Man I am soooo jealous! I love Ellen. In fact I have been tempted to write in on more than one occasion.

Carrie said...

I will go add it to my TiVo list right now! I went to Dr. Phil one time with my mom but I didn't win anything! They did show me on TV a couple times though and it was funny because I didn't tell anyone about it but for months and months afterwards I had people telling me that they saw me on Dr. Phil. It was funny.

Henricksen Family said...

fun I love that show! I am going to have to watch and look for you.
Sienna was a bunny too I can't wait to see pictures of Abby