Friday, November 14, 2008

Abby in Action

I know I haven't posted pictures in awhile, and while I'd like to, I forgot my camera card at home. So here is a little up-date on Abby, with pictures hopefully coming later. She is one "sass in a bucket" as my college roommates and I used to say. Here are some random tid-bits about her.
  • She walks all over the place and would much rather walk on her own, than be carried.
  • She says a few words like "Hi", "Night-Night", "Shoe", "Dada", "Mama" (on very rare occasions), and "Uh-oh" (my personal favorite). Of course, if you heard her say these words, you wouldn't think they were actually words, but she usually means what she says. It's pretty cute to hear. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. She is a little girl now--no longer a baby. And she is so entertaining.
  • She loves animals! She thinks everything makes a sound like a dog. When you ask her what a doggy says, she says, "Woof." But then if you ask her what a cow says, she also says "Woof." We're working on the other animals.
  • One of her favorite things to do is lift up daddy's shirt and find his belly-button and then point to her own. She is fascinated with belly-buttons. Funny girl.
  • She also loves to read books and point out different things in the pictures. She can read FOREVER. I LOVE it! I hope that stays.
  • She loves to hit mom in the face and sometimes poke her in the eye. I try so hard to be serious when I tell her not to hit, but she always looks me in the eye and just smiles. I usually end up laughing. So much for disciplining! We are working on teaching her not to hit. I know she understands the word "No," but chooses not to listen. I sure hope she gets out of this phase soon.
  • She loves to sing songs, especially "Itsy-Bitsy" and "Popcorn Popping". I recently downloaded the Primary children's songs and now play them in the car. It is amazing how much she listens to them and tries to sing along. They are FABULOUS!

5 comments:

Lindi said...

Ahh She sounds so cute. What fun things she is doing!!

Anonymous said...

How old is she? Dax is all about pretty much all of this stuff too...in a more terroristic manner, though.

shelby hall said...

how fun cant wait to see u guys

Robin said...

She'll be 18 before we see her again! I can't believe how fast she is growing up!

Henricksen Family said...

Abby is so cute. I love this age and all the fun things they are learning I am excited for Sienna to be just a little older.