Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Training, Gymnastics, and Jet-Skiing

We have been busy here over at the Hall house. Life never seems to slow down, even with only one child! I can't imagine how busy things will be with more children in the house! Crazy! Anyway, a week and a half ago we took a trip to Spring Training in Arizona with Mike's twin brother and his family and Mike's parents. We try to make it here every year, but didn't make it last year. So we were determined to make it work this year. We left on a Thursday morning and came back Monday morning. Ben and Brittany were so kind and let us ALL stay at their home in Arizona. We made it to three different games throughout the weekend: Oakland A's vs. Cleveland Indians in Goodyear, AZ, Oakland A's vs. S.F. Giants in Phoenix, AZ and finally, my favorite, LA Dodgers vs. Texas Rangers in Glendale, AZ. I root for the Dodgers, while Mike's family roots for the A's, so we compromised and got to watch both teams during the weekend. It was a long weekend with Abby having no naps 4 days in a row, but she was a trooper! We got home on Monday morning and she took a 4 hour nap and still went to bed at 8 and woke up at 9:30 the next morning. She was exhausted! But she loved watching the games, running around, and eating ice cream and Italian ice. It was exhausting to keep up with her, but we had lots of fun! Here are some pictures from the weekend!

Grandpa, Abby and I ready to go in our rental car.


The gang: Brittany, Ben, Baylee, Me, Mike, and Abby. I made the skirts the girls are wearing with A's colors!

Abby with Grandma and Grandpa

Abby playing during the Dodger game. She spent most of her time sitting on the ground picking up peanute shells. Gross, I know, but it kept her quiet and entertained! :)

Ready to go cheer on the Dodgers! My mom made this skirt and mailed it to us in Arizona so Abby could wear it to the game!

Abby and Grandma at one of the A's games.

The family. It is almost next to impossible to get Abby to look at the camera anymore. She is really good at ignoring you when you say her name 50 times to get her attention.

Her A's outfit! Thanks Grandma for the shirt!
Mike and Abby at the A's game, eating blueberries! Yum!
The day we got there Baylee had gymnastics class that night, so Mike and Abby joined her. It was Abby's first time, but she did great! Once we start making some real money, we are definitely putting her in a class! She loved the foam pit!
Crawling through the obstacle course with Baylee.
Doing back-bends with the help of Mike. Not many kids wanted to do this, but Abby loved it! And she was so good at it!
Last weekend, we headed down to Mission Bay to jet-ski with Mike's sister and her family. They just bought this new jet-skit that is pretty powerful, so powerful it can pull a huge inner-tube or tow a wake-boarder. It was fun to ride and be on one again. The last time I was on a jet-ski was when I was 7 months pregnant with Abby and I only would go 20 mph. This time, I went a little faster. :) Abby loved playing in the water. It was the first time she actually enjoyed the ocean and waves. The waves weren't huge, but she still loved the freezing cold water. She would walk in a little, get used to it, then walk a little deeper. She would have kept on going if we weren't there to stop her! I'm so excited to take her to beach all summer long!

Abby playing in the inner-tube. She loved crawling in and out of this!

Struttin' her stuff on the beach. We had to change her into her swimsuit because she kept going in with her clothes on!
Cuddling after a long afternoon in the water. I love when she will just sit with me and let me hold her. I don't get much of that anymore.
To end, here is a video of Abby at gymnastics running down the long trampoline.


7 comments:

David said...

Look at all that RED HAIR! She is adorable! I miss hanging out with the baby :(

Now that I work, you have to come visit me more!

Amy said...

She is TOOOO cute. I can't believe she is getting that big. She looks all grown up at gymnastics. I guess it's time for another one huh??? I agree with David, come visit SOON!!!

Alyssa said...

Busy busy...we can't wait to start gymnastics w/ Max! So is this an announcment of another one?!?!? JUst stirring the pot :-)

shelby hall said...

sounds like u had fun! Those skirts r so cute! Abby is so old!

Robin said...

WOW! I can't believe how she can do that back bend. Most kids wouldn't know how to arch like that! You have a definite gymnast! I love her Dodger skirt! You guys really have been busy! Miss you!

Lindi said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time in AZ. I love both skirts. The gym class looks like a ton of fun! Abby got her good sleeping skills from you!

Henricksen Family said...

FUN! I love her A's and Dodger skirts they are adorable1 I miss you guys next time you make it up here we should get together. Or the next time I am visiting my sister in San Diego. Maack loves go in to gymnastic but we haven't been on a while. See you guys soon we hope.