As I sit here and listen to Abby play and dance in her crib when she is supposed to be napping, I can see why avoiding Easter candy in the future might be a good idea for us. :) We have had a great Easter weekend and an up-lifting day at church. I am exhausted and wish we ALL could take naps, but too much sugar is keeping some of us up! Here are some pictures from the festivities this weekend...

I made Abby's Easter dress this year, which was amazingly difficult, and at times I wanted to burn the fabric and my sewing machine, but it turned out so pretty and I can now say it was rewarding. I think I spent $2 on the fabric, so a cheap way to go! This is Abby crying during her "fitting" of the dress on Saturday. She threw quite the tantrum when I put the dress on her. I think it was uncomfortable for her.

Here is the finished project, minus the screaming child.
She threw another tantrum this morning just to get it on, so we put a onesie underneath, hoping to make it more comfortable. And we put on Elmo for her to watch so she'd be distracted.


Going through all her Easter goodies in her Elmo basket. She loved all the treats, of course!
Eating her Easter candy. If you look closely, you'll see her mouth stuffed with jelly beans.

And what's an Easter weekend without dying Easter eggs. Abby had fun dipping her hands in the dye; she got to just watch after that!
We hope you all had a beautiful Easter weekend and enjoyed time with family and friends. We hope it was also spent reflecting on our Savior and His beautiful life and sacrifice made for us. Happy Easter!
10 comments:
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful dress! You did an amazing job! Hope your day was wonderful!
Sounds like a fun day! Now you can see why we avoid candy at all costs. I LOVE the dress, it is gorgeous! Way to go, it looks like a tricky one. Wish we were closer to do some sewing together.
Please don't cut her hair yet, it is TOO cute. The dress is GORGEOUS!!! I am so proud of all my sisters and their wonderful sewing talents. I am glad you finally got her to wear it. She looks sooo cute and grown up. I'm about ready to make a beach trip, can we crash at your place??? HA HA!!!! I already know your answer
That dress was Stunning today...she could go to a mini awards show in it! You did an awesome job! ...and when I first met you, you said you were amature at sewing- ya right! You are professional.
SO CUTE!! I LOVE that dress, Laura. I love the sunny colors, especially on Abby. My HUGE kudos for working with such fussy fabric and not burning it :). It looks amazing! Awesome job.
She doesn't look like she has too much dye on her hands? Our fingers are all still colorful.
The dress is beautiful! Good job! Looks like you guys had a fun Easter. We're looking forward to Ragnar and seeing you guys! We had a mini relay on Saturday and it was a lot of fun. Can't wait!
Wow!!!! That dress turned out terrific! See... you can't see all the problems once it is on her. :) It really is darling and such cute colors on her. Glad you finally were able to get her to wear it. See you soon!
That dress is amazing Laura!!! And she looks so cute in it! ...Looks like you guys had a fun Easter! =)
What a cute dress! I can't believe u made it I can barley sew a pillow! We(me owen and garrett) also enjoyed treats along with our new trampoline the combination of the two was not so great i laid on the couch for like an hour until my stomach settled.
can't wait to see u guys!
SHELBY
I must say - whenever I "make" a costume or outfit - the tantrums always come. Whereas, if it is bought...they love it. What does that say?! Cute cute dress. She looks just like elizabeth's little girl! :)
Post a Comment