Mike and I were born 2 weeks apart (15 days exactly), so May is always an exciting time for us with 2 birthdays to celebrate. This year with graduation, it was even MORE fun because I had to get creative in order to make the budget stretch for all celebrations. Mike had two finals on his birthday, so we really had a hard time celebrating. He took a final in the morning and then we went out to eat at In N' Out--Mike's favorite! He then ran back to school to study and prepare for his second final of the day. I wanted to go to Disneyland with Mike, but that never happened. Mike didn't get home until 8, when we picked him up. We came home, sang happy birthday, opened presents, and had birthday cake. I left for New York the next day, so we couldn't do much more celebrating. Kind of anti-climatic, but still fun.
Abby trying on Mike's new shirt. She loves wearing our clothes!For my birthday, Mike made us breakfast in the morning, which Abby did not eat. We struggle with getting her to eat table food (aka--food we eat), so she had her normal oatmeal, bananas, and Life cereal. Mike had an orientation meeting for his Bar Prep class, so Abby and I headed to Disneyland for my birthday! It was a perfect day to go--slightly overcast, not too hot, with a cool breeze. It was extremely crowded, but we hit a couple of rides and actually waited in line to meet Minnie and Pluto. We then came home, I put Abby down for a nap, and I went and got a massage while Mike stayed with Abby. After the Ragnar Relay, my team gave me a massage certificate, so I used it on my birthday! It was almost the best part of my birthday! I say ALMOST because Mike and I actually went on a DATE that night. We rarely go out just the two of us, so it's always a nice treat. We got dinner, and then hit a movie at the dollar theater. It was so much fun--and so RELAXING without Abby. I love the girl, but sometimes I need time with just Mike. What a great birthday!
My favorite present: My mom cross-stitched this! It is beautiful! And made me cry when I opened it.
It's weird to think we are now 27.....I used to always think this age was "old" and very close to 30. Bummer...I guess it happens to all of us at some point--the getting old part. :) Here's to another year where we will more adventures!
5 comments:
Aw, it sounds like it really was a perfect birthday- you got some quality one on one time with your two loves all day! That is sweet. Abby looks THRILLED as can be with Minnie. She sure is a doll. Kudos to the new (asics?)! They look FaSt!
Ps. I'm diggin the cutie pie bib. Why didn't he wear that when we came for dinner?
Happy Birthday to both of you!! 27 actually sounds much older than 30 for you both. Too bad for that!
Happy Birthday to the both of you!
Happy Birthday!! The picture of you and Abby is adorable. Wow 27! Time to get those walkers out ... you're going to need them soon! lol ... Just kidding. Let's get together soon. The clock is ticking ... it'll be weird here without you guys! We need a Settlers night!!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!!! Congratulations on Mike being done with school...I know it is not over yet, but this is one milestone. Can't wait to see you, next week is it?
Post a Comment