Abby turned 3 last month, and I'm just now getting to posting about it. I had a post all ready to go with pictures and Blogger was having issues, and I went back multiple times to post it and it never worked. So here we are finally--a month late with pictures. :)
We invited a dozen friends over to celebrate in "cupcake" style. Abby asked all week when her birthday party was--it was a long week! I had a lot of fun making games, party favors, party hats, and decorations all week. The kids had a lot of fun together and it turned out to be a big success! Thanks to everyone who came and made Abby's birthday so special for her!
The kids all got to decorate mini cupcakes. Abby loved putting the toppings on. Sprinkles are a real big hit with 3 year olds, I soon found out. I think I am still finding a little sprinkle here and there.
I made this Happy Birthday banner out of felt. I had to make one with cupcakes for the party. I love how it turned out. We kept it up for a week or 2 after the party!
I made these cupcake party favors out of a tin box. I put a cupcake erser, bouncy ball and stickers in the tins. They turned out so cute.
I made a Pin-the-Candle on the cupcake game. The kids really liked this game--especially being blindfolded with their birthday crowns.
I also made a bean-bag toss game, too. This game was a big hit. Mike helped me cut out the holes in shapes of cupcakes.
What's a party without a pinata? I found a cupcake shaped one, which was our big "splurge". I thought about making one, but I was out of steam.
Abby's favorite part--blowing out the candle!
Opening presents--Abby had lots of help from her friends. I love watching little kids open presents--their excitement is just pure delight!
Happy Birthday, Abby!
Some random facts/tidbits about our little girl:
1. She is now a fully trained potty girl--poopy and all! Yay!
2. She still sleeps in her crib. Sad, yes, but we are waiting until we move out to transition her into a big girl bed. What's the rush?
3. She is a very particular girl--bedtime can almost be a nightmare. She has to have 3 lights on, her bed a certain way, read a certain book, and sung a certain song before she will go to sleep. We are pushovers. :)
4. Mike always says she's a mini-version of me. She will say things like, "That's ridiculous!" Or "Stop that!" Or "You're hurting other people's ears." :) She loves to walk around with a purse, pushing a stroller, and tell me she is going to the store (usually Target or the grocery store).
5. She is a great make-believer. She will quote movies and pretend she is characters from them (usually a Disney princess). She likes to put me down for a "nap" and will follow the same routine I use with her.
6. She loves to sing songs and dance in her princess dress-up clothes.
7. She still takes at least a 2 hour nap every day! I enjoy this quiet time and she is a much happier girl with the nap!
8. She likes to play games--from hide-n-seek to board games. She got a couple of games for her birthday and she really enjoys them--a matching game, the game Cootie, and Lucky Ducks.
9. She is starting to like puzzles. She hasn't quite figured them out, but if she is patient enough she can get a few pieces together. This is her favorite activity at the library.
10. She LOVES to read books. We can spend a whole hour reading books together. And after just a couple of times reading the book, she can usually read it back to me. She has a great memory!
We love you, Abby! We feel so lucky and blessed to have you in our family. We look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you!
3 comments:
You are the crafting queen. What an awesome cupcake themed party! How much felt did you have to buy to craft it all?! We miss Abby SO much...heck, we miss you all a whole lot still. Happy 3 Years Abby-Ca-Dabby!
Awesome party!! You are pretty crazy!!! I need some of that energy over here.
Love the Cake...and Abby is getting SO big :)I was worn out just thinking of all the crafts you did...I think I will stick with cakes :)
Post a Comment