Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Family Comes to Visit

I've debated whether or not I want to go back and blog about the past 6 months or so--but every time I think about it, I get discouraged, so I don't blog. So maybe I'll get to those other posts, but for now, I'll start with the present.

We recently had my parents and sister and kids come out to visit. We had such a FUN time with them all. Abby was in heaven playing with her cousin, Taylor. They'd wake up and play all morning, while I slept in and enjoyed the peace and quiet. It was heavenly. While they were all here visiting, we enjoyed visiting some of the sights around here.

County Fair

Mike met up with us and rode the carousel with Abby. The last ride of the night. We were there for 5 hours with no meltdowns or hiccups along the way. It was the perfect day!

Abby so excited to be with her grandma at the fair. How did my little girl get so big?

Riding the fair version of the Dumbo ride.

I couldn't get this picture to move where I wanted it to. Every morning these girls would play dress-up. They had so much fun being together

Dylan riding the carousel.

We went to a circus show and my mom was randomly selected to be a part of their "act." I promised her I wouldn't post the AFTER picture of what she did, but this is her with the clown.

The grandkids were in AWE when they saw Grandma Sue become part of the show.

Riding the boats. It was 99cent ride day--which made for LOTs of rides. Abby was in heaven. These boats had bells the kids could ring as they went around. I felt bad for the ride attendant. It was so LOUD!

Riding the hot air balloons. The girl cousins--Abby is a year younger than these 2, but taller than them. :)

Abby's first real roller coaster. I was so surprised she wanted to go on this. Her cousin wanted to, so Abby said she wanted to, too. This picture is so classic!


Breakfast at Dean's Cafe

One of my family's favorite breakfast restaurants in town. We had to make a stop for their delicious omelettes and french toast. We headed to the Farmers Market after and got free fruit samples. We were stuffed!


I love this picture of Abby and Taylor. Taylor's pirate eye is hilarious! :)


Elephant Slide Park

We call this park the "elephant slide" because of the large cement slide. The kids like to ride down on it on pieces of cardboard. It's been around since I was a little girl--which makes it all the more fun to bring the family here.

JD pretending to have fun after being at the park for 2 hours. :) He was a trooper to hang out that long with us!

The cement slide. Sometimes the kids go real fasts and take a rest by laying down. :)


Grandma Sue even joined in on the action! What a daredevil!


Jelly Belly Factory


You are required to wear these hats during the tour. My sister, Robin, gave her hat to Abby because Abby ripped hers. Lucky Robin (although I did find one for her later)!!



We had such a BLAST being with family. Now that they are all in Utah--siblings and parents--maybe that means trips like this will happen more often. :)

Here's a video of Abby going down the HUGE slide at the fair. I was shocked she even attempted it. But after she came down, she surprised me even more and said, "I want to do that again!" It's nice to have older cousins around that she wants to follow. :)

She's on the far left.


2 comments:

David said...

Thanks for all the photos! Was really missing seeing pictures of Abby!

Stacie said...

So glad to see the update! good job on blogging! You guys have been having some serious fun!