Thursday, August 4, 2011

Swimming: Check

Another one of my goals this summer was to get Abby swimming on her own, without my help. Being pregnant and not as comfortable as I usually am, I wanted to be able to take Abby swimming without having to get in the water all the time. Living in our new place has made this even more possible. With our new home, there is also a community pool. Living in Southern California was so nice because we had a large group of pools to choose from, but living in Northern California is not the same. Community pools are few and there are large fees to be a member. Anyway, since we have a pool right outside our front door, Abby has learned to swim on her own--and she is great at it! I taught her a few swim lessons, which she really enjoyed and learned a few new skills like the breast stroke arms and swimming on her back. She actually taught herself that. I taught her how to come up to breathe and then go back down and swim again. She also has mastered jumping off a diving board by herself. I was so excited. She was pretty nervous at first, so I didn't push it, but as she watched other kids jump off, she was more determined than ever to do it. Needless to say, it has been a swim-filled summer with a stronger little fish.






No comments: