Last week was my 6 week (even though it had only been 5 weeks) check-up at the doctors where I was all cleared to EXERCISE! I was excited to get going, so I decided to take Abigail for a walk to Albertsons. It's only about a mile away, so I didn't think it would take too long or be too strenuous. Unfortunately, it was too long and too strenuous for the stroller. Right when I got to Albertsons, I felt like I had gone over a ditch in the road. I looked down and to my astonishment noticed I was missing a wheel, a back wheel to be specific. I turned around and saw the wheel lying on the sidewalk. I tried and tried to get it back on the stroller, but every time I started pushing, it would fall off again. As luck would have it, I lost the wheel right by a major crosswalk, where lots of people drive by and where a girl pushing a stroller with only three wheels can only be conspicuous. I decided to go to Albertsons and try to fix it there. I pushed the stroller on the front two wheels across the busy crosswalk, while grasping the fourth wheel in my hand. I knew there was no way I could walk this stroller all the way back home, and after many attempts to repair the broken wheel, I called a few friends in the area. Sadly, no one answered their phones. I could have waited an hour until Mike was out of class, but I took a chance and called him anyway. He answered on the second ring and I burst into tears, telling him my sob story. He didn't even hesitate in telling me he'd be right there to pick us up. Whether that was because he wanted to rescue his wife and daughter or he wanted to skip out on class, I'll never know, but I don't care. He came to my rescue, like a knight in a shiny Honda. He picked us up and we rode off into the morning sunrise to Babies R 'Us so we could get a new stroller.
One more quick story: Abigail hadn't pooped in three days, and I was getting concerned. She used to be pretty regular with her pooping, but after a long and stressful day on Sunday, her baby blessing, she seemed to reach a standstill. I kept talking to her and asking her when she was going to poop, much to Mike's dismay. He told me she would poop when she was ready. Yesterday, after I had fed her a delicious meal, I had her on my lap just playing and cooing with her. She kept making red faces and grunting noises, which I ignored because she had been doing that all week with no poop results. After a few minutes, I picked her up to change her and put my hand directly in a pile of oozing poop. It had leaked through her diaper, through her pants and onto me! I hurried and put her down to change her and couldn't believe how much poop was in that one diaper. It seemed never ending! As gross as it was, I didn't care! My baby girl had pooped! And I didn't have to worry anymore.
So those are my stories for the week. I never thought one baby could occupy all the exciting events and happenings in my life. But I love her and wouldn't want it any other way.
Here are the pictures from her photo shoot last week. Isn't she a doll?
One more quick story: Abigail hadn't pooped in three days, and I was getting concerned. She used to be pretty regular with her pooping, but after a long and stressful day on Sunday, her baby blessing, she seemed to reach a standstill. I kept talking to her and asking her when she was going to poop, much to Mike's dismay. He told me she would poop when she was ready. Yesterday, after I had fed her a delicious meal, I had her on my lap just playing and cooing with her. She kept making red faces and grunting noises, which I ignored because she had been doing that all week with no poop results. After a few minutes, I picked her up to change her and put my hand directly in a pile of oozing poop. It had leaked through her diaper, through her pants and onto me! I hurried and put her down to change her and couldn't believe how much poop was in that one diaper. It seemed never ending! As gross as it was, I didn't care! My baby girl had pooped! And I didn't have to worry anymore.
So those are my stories for the week. I never thought one baby could occupy all the exciting events and happenings in my life. But I love her and wouldn't want it any other way.
Here are the pictures from her photo shoot last week. Isn't she a doll?


6 comments:
The same thing happened with Daylynn and not pooping. I never thought I could be so excited seeing a poopy diaper once it finally happened! Come play soon!!
Zachary has only done about one day without pooping, so I imagine how stressed you were! I love how whatever they (the babies) have going on is like everything in our lives now! What WAS life like a few weeks ago?
I love the pictures, and the great poop stories, you know my kids are getting famous for that. Ashlyn poops in the bathtub almost on queue. So, do I give her a bath and hold my breath? Or, do I just let her be dirty for a week to avoid a disaster?! She just likes to be like her brother, i am so glad you are getting to experience this great thing!
Love the stories! I am glad you are okay. The pictures are gorgeous!
Who knew that poop stories could be so funny (AND continual....) It is amazing that one tiny person can entertain so many for so long!!!
She is so cute. We will have to get together. I miss the newborn stage! I can totally relate to your adventures. That is so crappy about your stroller! I hope they didn't hassle you too much at BRU.
Post a Comment