Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving, Maui, and Shots

I know it has been awhile since my last post, but our internet has been down (our neighbors who we have been "borrowing" from moved so we lost our connection), and I haven't been able to get on and post new pictures. Luckily, today the internet is working, so here I am posting again.


We had a great Thanksgiving week with Mike's family. On Monday, I went down to San Diego with Mike's sisters and Mom to see "So You Think You Can Dance?" in concert. I brought Abigail with me because Mike had class and because I was going to be gone all day. It was an extremely long day, but we both made it through. Abby slept through the entire concert, but every time the crowd screamed her arms went flying in the air. It startled her each time! We got home at 2:15AM, but we still managed to sleep in and get some good rest before our trip down to be with Mike's family.

We drove down to Carlsbad for a few days and had a fun time, even with all the chaos. Abigail did great with all the noise, too. Unfortunately she got a stuffy nose from all the germs floating around, but she is a trooper and is fighting through it. The snotty nose doesn't even seem to bother her. I hope it is gone by this weekend because we are heading to Maui!! Mike's parents have a timeshare there they couldn't use this next week, so instead of letting it go to waste, they are letting us and Mike's sister and family use it for the week. It was a last minute thing, but we were able to get cheap flights and a rental car, and Mike has next week off from school so he can study for finals, so we thought, Why not? We are very excited and can't thank Dan and Kathy enough! Thank you Dan and Kathy!

Yesterday Abigail had her 2 month check-up at the doctors. She weighed in at a whopping 12 lbs. 6 oz. (which is in the 90th percentile) and measured 25 3/8" (which is off the charts!). She is one tall, chubby baby, and we couldn't be happier with her progress. She loves to smile when she sees us and has started babbling and cooing lots. I just LOVE having her around! She got 4 shots yesterday, which was hard for me to watch. The first shot she looked at us with these huge eyes, like, What are you doing to me? After the second one, she lost it and screamed the loudest I have ever heard her. Her face was bright red and she could barely breathe because of her screams. As soon as I picked her up, though, she calmed down and went to sleep. She has been recovering just fine--no fever or fussiness, which I am grateful for. She is such a good baby; I don't know how we got so lucky. She has been sleeping 7 or 8 hours since Thanksgiving, and I am not complaining. Last night she slept 9 hours! Probably because of the trauma we put her through yesterday. We are excited to take her on her first big trip this weekend and hope she does well on the airplane. I'm crossing my fingers! Here are some pictures of her latest and greatest moments.

Here are the girls at the So You Think You Can Dance performance. I'm holding Abigail in a sling!

Here are four generations on Mike's side of the family: Abigail, Mike, Kathy, and Grandma Great Simpson!

Abigail and her Grandpa Hall taking a snooze together!

Grandpa Hall bought this outfit for Abigail when she was first born. It is too cute! I love it!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She is so cute, still can't wait to hold her. Don't even talk to me about Maui, it's not even the real "cold" yet and I am complaining about this Michigan weather...have fun!

Mom said...

She's going to pass up the other girls!!! What a doll she is! I get first dibs on the holding her part!

Amy said...

She is too dang cute. I get dibs on holding her after mom.....and of course after I play with all the other cute babies. Good thing I'm done having kids, so I can play with all the other kids. Hey, where did you get your flights???? We have been looking around. Let me know.....Have fun!!! Um....should I say, SPOILED?????? I had to work my butt off for a trip to Hawaii......HAVE FUN!!!

Aaron and Lindsay said...

Looks like you had fun! I'm pretty jealous that you are going to Maui. Let's get together soon and play!

Glenn said...

I think uncles get first dibs after grandmas. Sorry Amy, those are the rules.

Chantalle said...

So fun! That is great you get to be in Maui...we wish we were there!!

Elise said...

Just wanted to say Hi! I am glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. Your little girl is so cute!
See you soon!