Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And We're Back!

After 3 months living in P-Town with Mike's parents, we made our trek back to So Cal for our LAST year of law school. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown by! It feels like just yesterday we were just moving here for the first year. Mike has done AWESOME at school and is ready for his last year. I don't know if I'm ready for it to be over quite yet. I had a hard time this summer having Mike gone all day every day, but I could definitely get used to a paycheck! What would life be like with a steady income?

We are still working on unpacking our home and getting things organized. I have a pile as tall as Abby of papers I need to shred. And my shredder is pretty ghetto, so it only works for 5 minutes before it over-heats. I then have to give it a rest for 10 minutes before it's ready to go again. So while watching the Olympics, I shred paper. Fun!

Mike started school this week and so far so good. His schedule is extremely open in the mornings, which makes it nice for me. I actually get to shower in peace (while he watches Abby). He has a few early evening classes, which isn't so fun because by then I'm ready for a break. Oh well, you win some and lose some. :)

We are so excited to be back and amongst our friends here! And we can't wait for all the fun adventures ahead of us. Sorry this is so boring, but I haven't posted in awhile, so I thought I'd share with you all what we've been up to. Enjoy some pictures!

We went swimming today and Abby fell through the beach chair. She didn't seem to care too much until it took me too long to get her out!


I watched my friend's little girl today. Her and Abby are about a month apart. They played real well together for the first hour, but then got tired of each other. It was so cute to watch them pull themselves up and move around.

Before we moved back, Mike and I took Abby golfing in P-Town. We rode around in the golf cart while Mike golfed. Abby did great and really seemed to enjoy it. She loves being outdoors!

Abby making a mess in P-Town before we moved. She loved the newspaper pile!

Abby with her cousin in San Fran at the Discovery Museum. This will definitely be a fun place to go once Abby is older and can run around and play on her own. She did have fun crawling around.

I tried to get Abby to crawl through this tunnel at the museum, but she didn't quite understand, as you can tell by the expression on her face.

We will definitely miss visiting San Fran where my sister lives. We love the city! Here we are in front of the Golden Gate Bridge.

5 comments:

Cara said...

Miss you guys! Love the pics of the Discovery Museum and bridge. Will you send them to me? Or post them on picasa?

Lindi said...

I was wondering how the move went. Glad to see you are all in. Have a great year!

Chantalle said...

Glad you got home! We leave Saturday!! Good luck, I'm sure we will hear all about it as we near the end!

Amy said...

Wow, last year of law school already. HOW COOL!!!! Abby is adorable as usual. Miss you guys!!

Robin said...

I can't believe Mike is almost done! That is wonderful! Abby is as cute as ever, and looking so much older! She is changing too fast!