This is what happens when I start playing soccer again...a bruised and sprained foot. In all my years of playing soccer, I only had to use crutches once. And now, the first time I go out and play soccer again, I bust my foot. I hit the ball pretty hard with the top of my foot, but still kept playing. It didn't hurt real bad. But once I got home and sat on it funny, I was in awful pain. A quick trip to the ER revealed no broken bones, just a bruised foot. They wrapped it in a splint, gave me some pain medicine, and sent me home with crutches. I guess the song is true, "I'm not as young as I once was." What a sad realization! Hopefully it is healed before our next game on Saturday! :)


On Friday we went to the horse races down in San Diego with our friends Joe and Jessie. We had a great time eating and watching the horses race. Abby got scared every time they ran by. I loved hearing them run--they are fast!


This is Abby's new fun trick. If we scrunch our noses and blow through them, she does the same. Yesterday I was crying over my hurt foot and she thought I was making faces at her. So she kept making this face. I couldn't help but laugh! I love this girl!
7 comments:
That face is too cute! Sorry about your foot...how sad. We are getting old!
Oh I heard about your foot--so sorry! I bet you'll bounce back in no time, you still have some youth left in you! ; ) That is so cute that Abby made those cute faces at you, instead of getting upset while you were upset about your foot! What a cutie!
love the face. That's so sad about your foot. I just hope it is in good enough shape for the fabric district!
That's too bad about your foot. Hope you're back up soon. Now we know what you look like when you're crying :) Abby is so cute!
She is way too cute! I am so sorry about your foot! It looks pretty painful! I don't think you should play on Saturday! JK!
I had no idea about your foot. I guess we really need to talk more often. I hope you are feeling better and can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.
Laura, you had me cracking up...It sure is true I'm definitely not as young as I once was... I am so sorry about foot. I hope your getting help with your little Abby while your down...She, by the way is so adorable. Those faces are priceless!
Post a Comment