Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Beach Weekend

Long time no blog. I know. The weekend after we got back from Newport, we headed off to Aptos with some friends for some R-E-L-A-X-A-T-I-O-N from our big VACATION. We had a BLAST just chilling at the beach (or Lake Pacific--there were NO WAVES), playing games (mainly Ticket to Ride) and stuffing our faces with s'mores. Yummy! They were delicious! Abby did great and had a great time crawling around and chasing after Max and Rebecca. She even did a face dive off a 3-foot drop (at least it looked 3 feet) and came up with no blood or bruises, just tears and a HUGE hoot-n-holler!

We only have a week and a half left here in P-Town before we head down to So Cal. I am so EXCITED to move back and see all our friends and to have our own place again. I LOVE being here with Mike's parents and they are so KIND in letting us come back every summer, but I am always ready by this time to move back and have our own place. It's nice to have a change of scenery every 9 months. :) And I am definitely ready for Mike's last year in law school--I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. I'm not looking forward to the Bar, but who is? I know Mike isn't!

Abby UPDATE: She now crawls EVERYWHERE, but HATES when I leave her in the dust. If I'm not in the room (or if no one is in the room), she will throw a fit and whine and whimper until someone comes back in. She hasn't figured out that she can follow us when we leave. She still only has 1 tooth and that doesn't even seem to bother her ever. I'm praying the rest of her teeth will be the same. :) She has started saying "RaRa or WaWa" a lot! It sometimes sounds like she's saying my name. Hey, the kid can't say mama, but she can at least attempt my name! :)

At her 9 (almost 10) month check-up, she weighed in at 18 lbs (I swear she lost weight!) and measured 28 inches. We have one tall, but thinning-out girl on our hands. We love her to pieces and can't get enough of her!

Enjoy the pics!


The sunset from the beach house we stayed at in Aptos. Talk about a beautiful view!


Another family photo.

Roasting hot dogs and smores! Yummy!
The whole group out at the beach! Check out those MASSIVE waves! HaHa!

How romantic! The boys skim-boarding off into the sunset....too cute! :)
Tandem bikes! Lindi and I used to ride around on this bike when we were kids. It brought back so many memories!
We tried racing, but Mike and Lindi got scared! :)
Swimming in the ocean! It was FREEZING!
Abby and Max hanging out at the beach. Aren't they a cute couple? Too bad they are just friends for now. :)


I had to include this picture. This was last year at our trip to Aptos where Lindi and I were both PREGO. She had Max a few weeks after this trip, but Abby did join us until a couple of months later. My how time flies!

3 comments:

JulieB said...

How fun! And funny to see the preggo pix from last year- oh how life has changed since then!

Robin said...

I miss the beach! Looks like fun! Abby is growing too fast! We miss you!

Kristin said...

What a small world!!! That picture of the roasting hot dogs and smores has both my cousin and his wife in it. I didn't know you knew each other.

Looks like you guys had a great summer. Good luck with the last year of law school. It sure flies by.