Friday, January 13, 2012

Abby's Preschool

We started Abby in a community preschool this year. With California's school cut-off date being later than most states, I thought it'd be nice for Abby to have a year of preschool outside of my care and our home before she starts Kindergarten. She goes three days a week and absolutely LOVES her class. There are 24 students, but with one teacher and 2 helpers, it makes for a fun class. I love that she has a little independence and we both can get a break from each other during the day. She has made some great friends--ones she will hopefully be friends with as she gets older. She already has a boy crush--and comes home with stories of how he chases her during recess. I try to just laugh it off, but I will be honest--it worries me a little that she already has a crush. What will it be like in high school? Maybe that means she will tire of it early on and not want to date when she gets older. Haha! I hope this is preparing her for kindergarten next year (if we decide to start her...that's a whole other story...)



Climbing the web...

Abby and her friend playing...

Abby's friends....


Before her first day of school.

3 comments:

Ali said...

I had a crush in kindergarten...and i never was a player of the boys as I got older :) There's still hope! haha. How is she so big?? It's been way too long since we've seen you guys.

Jaclyn said...

Yeah, I will agree with Ali, I had a crush in Kindergarten as well (back when I think I was semi-cool) and never had a problem when I got older. Be grateful she waited this long. Austin has had a little girlfriend for about a year and a half and he only turned 4 a few months ago! :) Worried? only slightly. I think its cuter more than anything else, and at least I know he has good taste. :)

Elizabeth said...

Love all the updates!!