Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Abby's Birthmark

Mike pointed out Abby's birthmark (or what we think is a birthmark) to me awhile back, but I wanted to show everyone the uniqueness of it. Who has a birthmark wrapped around their toe? I thought it was weird at first, but decided it only adds to Abby and her unique spirit. Here is a picture of it:


In other news, we are driving to Pleasanton tomorrow (Valentine's Day) to spend some time with friends up in Tahoe. We are excited to go, but not so excited for all the driving ahead of us. I will report later on our trip. For now, here are some fun pix of Abby.
P.S. I have been praying all week for an answer on how to teach Abby to sleep without being wrapped, and while I was at Target today, I found a "Swaddle Happy" made by Boppy brand in their clearance section (only $2.50--had to throw that in there) so I thought I'd try it on her. It's still a wrap, but it's VELCRO--genius idea! She's wrapped up in it tonight, so I will let you know how it works. I know, she is still wrapped, but her arms can still move a little and this gets her used to keeping her hands in front of her. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Check out those chubby legs!! She needs to work those bad-boys out!

This is how we find Abby in the morning or after any nap. Smiling (once we get in there) with one arm hanging out. If we aren't fast enough, she starts hanging on the railings while yelling, "Get me out of here!" haha jk.

I love this picture of her. She always has this look on her face--everything is so new and exciting for her to look at. Wouldn't it be cool to look at the world around you and experience all the sights and everything for the first time? Welcome to Abby's world!

Abby's Valentine's gift from Grandma Sue and Grandad--a giraffe that bends and moves in every way possible. We sure do love giraffes! Nice drool Abby!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how much she is growing up. The next time I see her, she will be walking! Hurry come visit while she is little. she is so cute, and I love the foot picture. Have fun in Tahoe, the driving will be worth it. :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh yeah, check out this thing for sleeping, the Nochi (www.nochi.com). My friend's friend makes them, they are a bit pricey, but maybe we could come up with a similar thing for Abby.

Robin said...

She is way too cute! I love her smile! I hope you have fun in Tahoe!

Anonymous said...

I saw my mom this morning and she couldn't stop telling me how cute Abby is. She saw you guys at church I guess and she just thought Abby was the cutest thing ever! It was great to see you guys and to be reunited! Have a good one!