Thanks to Mike's sister, Missy, for taking care of Abigail, who wouldn't eat or sleep while we were gone. Of course she chooses the one night we are out on a date to be fussy and almost impossible. Missy worked her magic and after her 4 year old and 1 year old boys left, she was able to focus more on Abby and getting what she needed. It was hard for me to leave her for so long; not because I didn't trust Missy or anything, but because I really enjoy being with Abby and taking care of her. I love to spend time with Abby and I love watching her grow and experience new things. I sometimes forget what life was like before she came, but nights like last weekend remind me that I am not just a Mom, but a wife, a friend, a girl who enjoys musicals!
It took a couple of days for us to recover from a fun-filled weekend (Friday was Wicked and then Saturday we drove down to Carlsbad to spend time with Mike's sister and family and his twin brother and family), which is why I haven't posted recently. On Monday we took Abby to the orthopedic doctor to check out her tilted neck, and after waiting 2 hours, were told that she has a very minor case of torticolous and not to worry about it. The doctor told us to do some stretches with her, but also said she should grow out of it as she gets stronger with holding her head up. I was very annoyed that we had to go through the whole ordeal with X-rays and waiting FOREVER to see a doctor, but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. We probably gave the impression that we are these over-anxious parents (a.k.a. ANAL) who worry about every little thing (we are trying to not be this way...haha), but oh well. The pediatrician told us to take her there, so we did.
In other news, we are still trying to get Abby to sleep without her wrap. I try to give her at least one nap a day without being wrapped, but those only last 30 minutes to an hour, so she is cranky the rest of the day, which causes her to sleep crappy during her other naps. We still haven't tried giving her any solid food--Rice Cereal--because 1) I haven't had time to go buy any and 2) I am afraid to try all these new things with her at once...sleeping without wrapping and solids for the first time--I think we'll take it one thing at a time. :)
To top our week off, Mike and I were asked to speak this Sunday in church, thanks to our friends who reminded the bishopric that we haven't spoken, yet. :) We have been in the ward for a year and a half and have never been asked to speak. I guess we had to sometime. My topic is on how to make our weaknesses into strengths. I am still a little unsure on how I want to approach the topic--there are so many different angles to take, so any thoughts or comments are welcome. Mike's topic is slow to anger, quick to love. He has it easy--President Hinkcley just gave a talk last conference on anger--so Mike's talk is already written. :) We'll let you know how it goes! Here are some pictures from the weekend!
Aren't we a cute couple? This is what life was like before kids....those were the days!
Abby with my cousin Jeremy. We met him and the rest of the family for dinner last night at Disneyland. Everyone was there...Aunt DeAnne and Uncle Danny, Scott and his wife Suzy with their little boy Ammon, and Brian and Alyssa with their little boy Max. It was great to see them all!
Our little munchkin is getting so big! I love this outfit, but Mike wouldn't let her wear the headband--too frilly for him. Heaven forbid we let our girl be too girly! And of course, she exploded in her diaper in this outfit--who made white clothes for babies??--not the best idea!
5 comments:
Awesome post Laura- I don't know what I am more jealous of, the fact that you got to see Wicked OR dinner at Disneyland with the cousins. You are one lucky woman. We might have to go see Wicked when we come down in April. Wanna babysit 4 kids??? HA HA! Glad to hear Abby's neck isn't too bad. I know it's a pain to go through that, but better safe than sorry. She is toooo cute. Can't wait to see her. We are counting the days, sick of the snow!!! Countdown to Hawaii.......24 days.
What a sweet husband! Mean Mike has really come far...hahaha. Cam and I saw Wicked in New York a couple years ago and loved it! So fun. Abby is getting cuter every day and I love hearing you updates on how motherhood is going. I'm going to call you one of these days for a long "tell me what childbirth is really like!" talk! :)
Holy cow!! You are not 'starving stuents!' I am jealous that you guys had such a fun date night! And, Wicked is amazing...I think it has become my new favorite musical, the soundtrack is awesome. I think I am jealous about it all, I would love to go to Disneyland one night just for fun, but all we have is crazy detroit, which is like a ghost town, and it is so freezing cold, we don't venture out because we die just trying to breath the air. Enough of my sob story, bottom line, I would like to trade spots right now :)
How fun you got to go out! Yay! I am glad to hear that everything is OK with Abby's neck. You will just have to break out that head band while Mike isn't around. Oh and the speaking in Sacrament thing? I have you beat. 8.5 years in the ward and never once had to speak. Woo hoo!
WOW! I am jealous too! Wicked - and a surprise from your husband! Where did you find him! And dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse! I have heard of that place! Then dinner at Disneyland! You have the life! I am so excited you got to see Aunt DeAnne and family! I miss them! What a fun time!
Post a Comment