This past weekend we drove up to Tahoe to spend the weekend with some good friends. It was Abby's first real "long" road trip, and she did great. I learned that I probably don't want to have to take many of these road trips, but if we have to, it is do-able. We got to Pleasanton Thursday night and woke-up the next morning and drove to Kirkwood ski resort. We met our friends there and spent the day skiing, while switching off to watch the kids. Abby's friend Max was there, so they got to play together. On Saturday we went skiing at Northstar ski resort, after staying at our friends' cabin. I couldn't believe how easy it was to ski again. It has been over 2 years since my last ski adventure, and it felt like I picked up right where I left off. Mike and I had a great time flying down the mountain--I didn't even fall down! Thanks to our friends, Melinda and Danny, for letting us come crash their party! Yeah for Team Auble! Here are some photos from the trip.

Abby hanging out in the car on the way to Pleasanton from So Cal. She really did a good job, although she had a few crying tantrums, but what can you expect? Being in a carseat that long just can't be fun!
Mike and I at the top of a lift. It was beautiful weather! The second day we didn't wear layers at all--just pants and a t-shirt with a jacket! It was perfect!
Abby's friend Max. These two were really cute together, just starting at each other forever. Max finally rolled over and grabbed Abby's arm and gave it a good pinch, but it didn't even phase Abby. She has too much fat on her arms for it to hurt! :)

Abby's cousing, Baylee, loved to hold Abby and play with her. She gave her kisses and hugs while we were visiting on Sunday. At one time, she leaned on top of Abby to give her kisses--once again, Abby wasn't even aware of what was going on. Baylee is such a cutie!After Tahoe, we drove back to Pleasanton to spend time with Mike's parents and siblings. We went to church, had a yummy dinner with everyone, and even went to sushi on Monday. I am really starting to LOVE sushi--YUM! It was great fun to be with everyone and to be back in Pleasanton--we are really looking forward to the summer when we will be back there. It always feels like home to me!

Abby's Valentine's Day outfit. Grandma Sue gave her the cute skirt, which is hard to see in this picture. I just love these tights--they look like shoes, but they are just tights! And there's no way she can kick them off. :)That's our weekend in a nutshell. Hope everyone had a great President's Day weekend!
6 comments:
So sad we didn't see you guys. We'll try again when it's not so crazy for both of us. Abigail is looking more and more like you. She is so cute and I can't wait to see her :)
What a cute baby. I remember those days of traveling with one kid. We did that a lot back then. So, keep doing it now while you can!!! Can't wait to see you in April!!!
Glad you had so much fun! Nice to remember what being "young" feels like, right? I can't believe how long Abby is.... in that one picture she looks longer than Baylee. What a cutie!
All babies need tights like that! What a great idea! Abby is growing! I can't believe how much she is changing! Wish we could have skied with you!
So much fun! We have snow and cold weather, but no skiing, they do have a ski 'resort' around here built on a landfill...weird. Abby is so cute, I love the tights, where did you get them? Wow, look at our family, what blogging junkies we are. :)
What a fun weekend! I'm missing skiing this season, but with how huge I have gotten the past month alone, I think I'd topple over myself if I tried. It's cute to see Abby and Max playing together. :)
Post a Comment