Thursday, February 5, 2009

Slacker of all Slackers

I admit it: I am a total slacker. Not even having my own internet, that I PAY for, can get me to blog more often. I just don't have the motivation like I used to. I guess I don't have motivation for much of anything (except running--I don't want to slack during the race)....Whenever I feel like doing a project, Abby demands time or energy from me. Sometimes I don't even want to get out any project or craft because I'll only be able to work on it for 5 minutes and then have to help Abby. Anyone else feel like that? Is it bad to want your child to play on their own? :) What a slump I am in....hopefully I'll get out of it soon!

On a brighter note, I have been taking pictures every day (I've only missed one!), and that has been fun to think of new ideas and themes each week. Here are some highlights from the past month....

Abby had a little play group today. It was nice to have friends over to keep her entertained.

A new craft: a flannel board. I am currently working on felt board stories. We had one growing up and I loved having FHE with them.

Abby's new favorite thing to do in the bath: put her head under the running water. She screams in delight every time!

Mike wanted to pain Abby's toenails....didn't he do a good job? I did one foot and he did the other. She was very squirmy; I guess she is ticklish!

Mike taking a snooze after a long morning at Disneyland. It was so hot this day he had to sleep on the floor. I think it was 85 outside!

A favorite game of Abby's: running under the blanket when we throw it up. She loves to be covered by it, too.

Eating Golden Spoon. Mike likes to take Abby on little daddy-daughter dates for frozen yogurt. She is a pro at feeding herself!

Abby with Uncle David. She loves when she gets to play with him!

Me and my cousin's little boy, McKay. His twin sister took the picture of us. They are ADORABLE kids and so fun to be with!

Abby LOVES babies. Here she is with my niece, Shaylee. My sister stayed at our house for my grandma's funeral and Abby loved having a baby around. When they left, she kept looking for her around the house. I guess that means she will be a great sibling one day. (No, this is not a hint at anything....we won't be having more kids anytime soon.)

I tried to capture my dedication to running, but it's hard to tell in this picture. It was pouring rain, but I still went running! I was soaked when I got back!

A rare moment in the car when Abby wasn't screaming or singing or talking. She was just staring.

Toy Story Mania at California Adventure. Abby still hates this ride, but Mike and I love it!


Discovering a pack of clean, new, fresh, diapers in her room, Abby decided it would be fun to throw them and play in the pile. Oh the fun times!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Cute pictures....she is getting so big. Like a "little woman". Hope we get to see her soon before she gets any bigger.......love ya guys

Alyssa said...

when I saw slacker on your post I assumed it would be about Mike! I assume what you feel is normal, because then I feel normal too :-) Abby is getting so big! We want to go to D-Land this month sometime if you guys are available!

Elise said...

the picture of the kids is cute. Day is making a funny face, but it's cute. Thanks for watching them, and giving me a little free time!

Giandrea said...

Wow... that is a great nail job, Mike. Better than I've ever done on my own. I need mine painted. Is he available or booked?

Giandrea said...

Also, the sooner you have another the sooner Abby will have a permanent friend. All your problems will just simply disappear.

Robin said...

Love the pictures! You are so busy I am surprised you have time for anything extra! And yes, we all feel that way! Why can't they just play on their own!

Jeff said...

I thought the same thing as Alyssa when I saw slacker! I think Abby and Shaylee could be sisters, maybe it's just the red hair. How was your 50 minute run yesterday?

David said...

That's a good picture you got of me and her. She is so funny!

kim&ryan said...

Cute stuff! What race are you training for? I am trying to get up to a six mile run. I can go 3.5 right now. I am getting there though. Miss ya.

shelby hall said...

my mom is also practicing for the race she is hiking the ridge with grandma tomorrow(we will see how that works out)abbys cousin shaylee looks just like her. my mom says maybe i can watch the race after all i run the mile every week the cheering actually does motivate me.cant wait to see you in july. shelby hall