Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to Us!

Mike and I share the same birthday month--along with four other members in both of our families. It was fun to celebrate with his family this year because his twin brother was living here. We all met up at Mike's favorite restaurant (hint of sarcasm), Chevy's. It actually isn't bad, but Mike wouldn't choose it for his birthday. Luckily, he agreed to go because it's the best place for a big group and lots of kids. Mike, Ben, and their dad, Dan, all got wear their funky sombreros while we sang Happy Birthday to them. It was a riot because Mike was so not into it!


My birthday was a few weeks later and we had been invited for a little weekend getaway to Tahoe. I was excited to get away and be with friends. My parents were in town, which made it easy to leave Abby behind. She was excited to have Grandma and Grandad over to play. :)

The 4 girls in the group left early Friday to hit up some shopping. I'm not sure if any of us bought anything, but we enjoyed a kid-free lunch (besides cute Ozzie), and walking around window-shopping. We met up with the boys that night in Tahoe and had a late dinner at, what do you know, Chevy's. :)

The next day we went exploring around Tahoe. Despite it being May, it was still pretty chilly out. We went and checked out this beautiful waterfall. There was a breathtaking view of Lake Tahoe along the way where we stopped and took pictures. We then hiked down to the waterfall. It wasn't too bad of a hike--but Mike made sure I didn't do anything crazy. :0)


We spent the afternoon shopping where I got some fun clothes for my birthday. I kept bugging the group that I wanted to roast marshmallows for my birthday treat and they all kept saying, sure, sure, we'll do that. As night came--we hadn't found a spot to do the roasting. Stacie had bought all the stuff for it, but we never finalized our plans. I was pretty bum. I remember sitting in the kitchen, waiting for everyone to come over for games and being pretty sad that we didn't roast marshmallows. What I didn't know was the Mike had bought an ice cream cake to share with everyone for my birthday. They all walked in singing happy birthday. It was pretty funny because I was so insistent on the roasting marshmallows, but Mike kept his mouth shut and actually surprised me. I didn't even suspect! I guess that's what a prego-brain does to you. :) It was a memorable and relaxing birthday. Only one more year until we are the big 3-0! We better live this year up!



2 comments:

Stacie said...

Ha Ha that is hilarious about Chevy's! Didn't realize he got to celebrate there TWICE!! :-)

K.C. said...

Is that Eagle Falls and Emerald Bay at Tahoe? You guys were so close to us! Did you know we live just right on the other side of the lake and down the mountain? You should let us know next time you are in the area and we can do something