Thursday, August 4, 2011

Theme Park: Check

A goal we had this summer was to go a local theme park, Great America. Abby and I bought season passes, in order to ensure this goal came true. I miss being close to Disneyland and going every week, especially now that Abby's at an age where she talks about going all the time. This theme park is in no way Disneyland, but it's fun for both of us and there is a water park with a lazy river, wave pool, and water slides. It's entertaining and we can go all day. My sister and her kids have season passes, too, which makes it even more fun. Abby loves going with her cousins--and I love getting to go with my sister. I remember going as a teenager to GA and having the time of my life. When I go with Abby, I'm flooded with memories of my youth--some better than others. :) But I'm happy I get to share this with Abby, especially before this new baby comes.

Abby has just started liking roller coasters. This is one she would ride over and over again if I let her. It's hard to see, but her and Sienna's faces are classic. They usually have their hands up and are screaming like little girls. So funny.

Hanging out at the pool. Sienna didn't want to take a picture, but I still got her!

This is called the Ghost ride. It's like the Dumbo ride where you can control going up and down.

Carousel--still one of Abby' s favorites.
This is like a mini-Tower of Terror that goes up and down and up and down. Abby didn't know what to think the first time she went on it, but she quickly learned from her cousin to put her arms up and scream.

This video is of the bumper cars. Abby did not like this ride the first time. She couldn't figure out how to make the car go and then kids started bumping into her, which made her upset. She cried and they had to stop the ride and let her off because there is a rule of no crying kids on rides. Odd. Anyway, she came off and said kids were bumping her and I laughed and told her that's why it's called bumper cars. Now she will only go on it if she can sit with someone else who drives. Funny girl.




No comments: